Friday, May 27, 2011

Tour de Utah: Slab Pizza

Coach and I (and a few choice friends) have started a eating tour of Utah.
This started a while back as a result of gathering to visit one of our recent favorite finds.
We started thinking we should pick places around the valley, lesser known, (preferably cheap) rare find kind of joints, try them together and rate them accordingly.
We've been to a few now and I feel like I need to start documenting my thoughts to share with all of you.
So starting with our first stop...Slab Pizza.
How I love thee, let me count the ways.
There's been a lot of hype about Pizzeria 712, and as much as I love the Heirloom Family of Eateries I haven't been blown away by much of anything but the price at 712.
If you know me you know that I love good food and know good food.
I will never steer you wrong.
So the name Slab refers to the way it's served in slabs instead of slices. They only come in one gigantic size which equals a quarter of the pizza. Mmmm...so take a posse and share a variety of flavors amongst the group.
Slab has a diverse menu of classic favorites and funky new combos.
I of coarse was loving me some Veggie/Pepp/Sausage and the Hawaiian (which you can get with SPAM btw, not that I would...yuck) but that's boring so here's what you really need to try...
Rosemary, Potato, + Bacon, Pulled Pork, or maybe some Buffalo Wing Pizza (a favorite among the men).
You won't be sorry.


Their chill atmosphere, fresh local fare, good prices, ever changing specials menu, and quite possibly the best pizza crust I've ever had will get you returning again and again.
They are located at 669 East 800 North in Provo just east of the duck ponds tucked down and around the corner from JDawgs (another cult provo fav).
So check it out and check back for our next stop of the Tour de Utah.
Come join us or post where you think we should go...

1 comment:

Aubrey said...

Thanks for the recommendation. You're right — you'll never steer me wrong. I'll have to try it out.