|You Belong in Rome|
Which is why you're attracted to the romance of Rome
Strolling down picture perfect streets, cappuccino in hand
And gorgeous Italian people - could life get any better?
Tuesday, December 23, 2008
Wednesday, December 17, 2008
So here is one of the many videos I've been trying to post. This is our friend Julie getting some giggles and squeals out of Elizabeth over thanksgiving. The object of the excitement is her much beloved dog Hugo. From what I hear she was laughing more than squealing while I was in the loo before whipping out the camera and catching the end of her delirium.
Monday, December 15, 2008
Roy and Jenna
Lastly we ended up at the final destination in SD...where katie cooked us a stellar thankgsiving, mindy and dan got everyone sick (we love you guys anyway :), Mya schooled me in the ways of modern technology, Owie woke us up every morning proclaiming at the top of his lungs, "Owie go peepee!" pretty much everyone had me laughing all weekend, and I became master to the extreme of all things Rock Band. Thanks Bob and family for showing us a good time.
The last day we were there the weather finally cleared up and we took baby to the beach for the very first time...
Mya and Abby...it wasn't exactly the best swim day but they braved the cold. As did Hannah, Ben, and Nate when Hannah accidentally dropped him in the water. :)
Cutest Baby Ever.
Awww...that hat is huge.
Wednesday, December 10, 2008
Tuesday, December 9, 2008
For Halloween Robbie and I stopped by our ward party, celebrated Robbie's bday, carved pumpkins and went over to the Parkinson's for fun and games. We being the debbie downers we are never dressed up. We did however borrow our neighbors costume from last year for Elizabeth. Needless to say it was hilarious. I love this girl.
Wednesday, November 12, 2008
This doesn't change my opinion and support of Prop 8, however, it is very interesting and may bring changes to my reasoning. Check it out if you're interested.
Tuesday, October 28, 2008
So for this part of the tag you're supposed to go to your four folder and post the fourth picture.
Monday, October 27, 2008
1. House MD
2. How It's Made
5. Starter Wife
6. Extreme Home Makeover (any makeover show for that matter, LOVE Dress My Nest)
7. So You Think You Can Dance
8. Good Eats (Iron Chef, Paula Deen, anything foodie)
8 Things I did yesterday:
1. Drove Rob's recruit to the airport.
2. Went to church with Margaret and Bob.
3. Had a fantastic Favorite Meal Birthday Dinner for Robbie.
4. Played with nieces and nephews.
5. Smiled when Rob found his Bday Surprise.
6. Got winded walking up a hill.
7. Kissed baby about a thousand times.
8. Read my book and went to bed at 9:30.
8 Things I Look Forward to:
1. Waking baby up in the morning to watch The Price is Right.
2. To finish decorating my house someday.
3. Carving pumpkins tomorrow.
4. Tin foil dinners Friday.
5. Dressing baby up for Halloween.
6. Losing my baby weight so I can fit into all my adorable winter clothes.
7. Going to Cali for Thanksgiving.
8. To finish building my bookshelves.
8 Favorite Restaurants:
2. Bombay House
3. ORIGINAL Pancake House
4. Foundry Grill
7. Melting Pot
8 Things on My Wish List:
1. Read 1 book a week.
2. Work out everyday.
3. A large, aged, dark wood farm table.
4. To have every room in my house painted how I'd like it by someone other than me.
5. A miniature Norwegian Elkhound.
6. To eat endless desserts without gaining weight.
7. Hard wood floors.
8. A happy, healthy family.
8 People to Tag:
Wednesday, October 22, 2008
Will you let me carry you? One day you'll walk alone...I cannot bear to miss one day from now until you've grown.
Let's see new things Etta's doing...
Screaming at extremely high pitched tones for fun
Rolling from one end of the room to the other
Sucking her thumb
Getting ticked at whoever is splashing her in the tub
No longer color blind
Eating solids...or should I say not eating
-Videos showcasing these new phenomena coming to a blog near you soon-
Tuesday, October 21, 2008
Wow, that ended up being a much longer rant than planned! I really just wanted to post these sweet little pictures of Elizabeth snoozing a couple months ago and got carried away! Anyways, enjoy and let me know about your sleep success or woes and if you've tried this book! Xoxo-
Wednesday, October 15, 2008
Sunday, October 12, 2008
1. What's his name? Robert Todd Neilson. Affectionately Robbie.
2. How many years have we been married? 2 years, 1 month, and days.
3. How long did you date? About a year and a half with a 3 month breather.
4. How old is he? 28 on October 25th. He's practically my grandpa.
5. Who eats more? Hmm, depends what it is. But he does have a talent for eating everything on the table and still looking hot as ever.
6. Who said "I Love You" first? Roberto. Though technically I think I wrote "love, Sarah" first.
7. Who is taller? With heels? Hmmm, for sure Robbie.
8. Who sings better? I'm gonna have to go ahead and say me...but he does have major potential, very Johnny Cash-esque.
9. Who is smarter? The neuroscience major or the chef? Tough one. Rob laughs when I say I had to take culinary math, yes, it's a real thing.
10. Who does the laundry? Neither of us usually. Either of us when we finally run out of clothes. I'm trying to improve upon my wifely duties in this area.
11. Who pays the bills? Whoever cleans out the junk drawer and finds them. Rob takes them out of the envelope, tears off the strip then leaves it on the counter for me to write a check.
12. Who mows the lawn? The HOA.
13. Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? When you're in bed I'm on the right, but at the last house we were opposite.
14. Who cooks dinner? Rob is master of all things omelets and steaks, otherwise, it's me.
15. Who drives? Me when I ask nicely...but usually Rob. I can't drive his car though, don't know how.
16. Who is more stubborn? I think neither of us are that stubborn and Rob said both of us are pretty stubborn. Who knows.
17. Who kissed who first? Rob made his move on the first date (a little scandalous, I know) and I was lovin it! Haha, and here we are happily ever after!
18. Who asked who out first? Hmmm, it was sort of a mutual lets hang out sort of thing.
19. Who proposed? Mr. Neilson.
20. Who has more friends? I may have more friends but he has better friends. Not to say my friends are no good but Rob's are closer.
21. Who is more sensitive? Rob, he's a big softy.
22. Who has more siblings? Same. I'm 4th of 2 boys 3 girls and he's 5th of 4 girls 1 lone boy!
23. Who wears the pants? We each have one leg in the pants, but I kinda like it better when he wears em...tells me what to do. :)
24. Is he handy around the house? Very, my sexy little handyman.
25. His hobbies or favorite activities. Golfing, Reading, Me, Golfing, Pretty much any sport, Baby, scavenging courses for golf balls, scavenging the web for golf clubs, scavenging the library for golf books, I could go on...you get it.
26. His best features and qualities. Rob has great legs. Strange I know, but I'm serious...check his calves next time you see him...hot. Pretty much there's not a feature on Rob I would change. His qualities...he's very analytical, very sympathetic and understanding, laid back and positive, he's a fun loving father, and a great teacher.
I tag everyone who's married.
Tuesday, October 7, 2008
2 cups chicken (cook, cube, set aside)
Sunday, October 5, 2008
Thursday, October 2, 2008
1 can black beans, rinsed
1 can white corn, rinsed
1-2 orange bell peppers, small chop
4-5 Roma tomatoes, small chop
1-2 avocados, small chop
1 good size bunch of cilantro, minced
2-4 oz zesty Italian dressing
So this is what I put in it and it is so yummy, but what is so great about salsa is you can really cater it to your taste and what you've got around the house. In fact, I was just thinking how it might taste really great to add red onions...hmmm. I'm going to try it and I'll let you know. Please enjoy this fantastic snack. I'll be posting a new one soon!
Friday, September 26, 2008
Wednesday, September 24, 2008
So we've been having tons of fun at the Neilson house lately. Baby has been entertaining us all day long. First of all, last night baby slept from 8:30 till 7:00! Rejoice in your rejoicing! So I went in at 7:00 to unwrap her from her baby straight jacket, she smiled, giggled, and tooted as I lovingly unraveled her layers, turned on some music and gave her something to play with. She played in her crib until 7:45 when we went in to get her for the morning. (If you want to join us in all our sleeping glory buy 12 hours of sleep by twelve weeks old, it's an awesome book) So while Rob and I were hanging out waiting for 7:45 to go get her, she was having a grand old time talking 100 miles a minute to Hugo (her dog) and Gajah (her elephant). I wish I had a sound byte of what we heard. We were cracking up. Anyway, things have just been so fun and so bittersweet as we watch her grow. Her newest accomplishment is, yes you guessed it, ROLLING! I can't believe how excited I got as I watched her roll over during tummy time today. I don't know what came over me but I was squealing with elation, jumping up and down, followed quickly by an assault of kissing. Baby was just as excited as I was, not about rolling over because I'm pretty sure she was thinking what the...just happened?...but my reaction to something she did made her ecstatic. So from giggling and talking, rolling over, constantly grabbing her feet and eating her hands, attacking her animal friends when the get anywhere near her mouth, and sleeping through the night...this is definitely my favorite age yet.
Friday, September 19, 2008
More pics of my little cutie. I'm excited that she can sort of wear big girl clothes. We got these 0-3 month jeans on loan (thanks ashley) and the top is a sagging 3-6 month. It's really amazing. Certainly these 0-3 month pants are better than her 3-6 months but still when I pick her up they almost fall off her little non-existant belly. Our little teeny weeny. Well, we can't get enough of her so come over and visit because I'm sure she's had enough of us! Xoxo... PS - How do you make an orange laugh?
Monday, September 15, 2008
So I'll admit SNL has taken a dive since...well, like 1998. Not to say that this is any sort of a comeback because don't get too excited, this isn't that funny, but when I saw a still frame of this I seriously thought it was Sarah Palin. So I guess good work Tina Fey...for looking like someone you could make fun of. Haha, it is pretty funny.
Saturday, September 13, 2008
Friday, September 12, 2008
Means by which I will accomplish this: P90X Extreme complete body ripping program.
Motivation: I want to look better and feel better. Saying that having a baby is hard on your body is an understatement. Having a baby destroys your body! Don't get me wrong I wouldn't take it back for anything, but it's time to do something about it. I've been talking about this for months and I'm finally doing it. There are lots of work out programs out there that promise in only 5 minutes a day you can have the body you've always wanted! Right...P90X takes a harsher but more honest approach. They tell you this is going to be the hardest thing you've ever put your body through and that you must be very dedicated. But don't you find that the things most worth having are never easy? Well, I'm going for it and I'm determined to get results. By the end of this year you're going to see me on an infomercial with boths legs in one side of my pants! :) K, so it might not be that drastic but I did take some before pictures and believe me if I wasn't motivated before, I most certainly am now! If I'm brave enough, when I'm done with the program I'll post them. I know by posting this I'm putting myself in a tough position. It's like when you tell everyone you're going to quit smoking. Everytime I see someone they'll ask me how it's going and be looking me up and down for results. That's what I want. I need as many people to keep me in line as possible. So bye bye size 10, hello size 26 Rockin Republics.
A wall of books, everywhere else windows, a piano, and beautiful architechure...what else do you need? Well, maybe an oversized ridiculously comfortable sofa but...it's pretty much perfect. Look how the bookshelves are pretty much just an extension of the ceiling. Loooove it. I need a room like this in my house someday.
Tuesday, September 9, 2008
Monday, September 8, 2008
Place I've Traveled:
Place I'd Like to Travel:
Town I was Born:
City I Live Now:
My First Job:
My Screen Name:
My First Name:
My Middle Name:
My Last Name:
My Grandmother's Name:
My College Degree:
What I'm Doing Right Now: