Friday, December 2, 2011

Halloween! I'm always one holiday behind...

We had so much fun at Halloween this year! From friends parties, to ward parties, to pumpkin carving, and trick or treating...it was an awesome year. Especially because both little lovelies were so excited about it this year.

Especially my Etta. For a long time she said she wanted to be rapunzel...I was a little bummed thinking that was kind of cliche and every other little girl would be dressed like that. But I'm all for letting the kids pick so I figured I go pick up a dress and wig, nice and easy. Then my mom gave us the movie Aristocats and Etta was hooked. She wanted to watch it everyday and even got all her little friends to start playing Kitty Cat in the neighborhood. Her favorite was the mom, Duchess. So she adamantly decided that was the costume for her. To make a very long story short I was amazed how hard it was to find cute white cat apparel. So I thought how hard could it be an decided to make it. Let's just say it was harder than I thought but now that I've done it once it'd be a cinch! It all turned out great except for the mounds of fur every where in our bedroom and she loved every minute of being Duchess.

By the way if you're wondering I'm a child of the seventies...or my mother. This was her dress she left from her wedding reception in. Kinda cool. I didn't get quite as decked this night with jewelry and braids and such...

Knock, knock, knockin with Cass and Oakers err Alice and the Rabbit!

Mickey did not start out in the best mood.


He got a bit happier once he got some Cheetos...


Hopefully I can get some pics of our friends party where the boys dressed up too. :)

1 comment:

Aubrey said...

I miss those kids!!! Oh my, their costumes are adorable. And Etta's hair is getting really long. Miss you.