Friday, June 20, 2008

When impossible becomes reality

 
Are you serious?! There is nothing as conceptually outlandish yet so unexplainably glorious and perfect as childbirth!! That came from where?? We are LOVING life. What a fantastic experience its been as we bond with Elizabeth here at the hospital, and I think that my 2 days sleeping on the most uncomfortable pull out chair ever will certainly have me supremely thankful for any moments of sleep I get during the next few weeks on a real bed. As we imagine all the things that could have possibly gone wrong, its seems incomprehensible that things have gone so smoothly.
 
This evening, as I sat in cafeteria with my eyes drooping shut with fatigue waiting for my cheeseburger, I couldn't wipe a smile off my face. With the woman I love more than my life we have created a perfect, pure and beautiful being to teach and cherish and protect and love. A week ago parenthood seemed like such an unfathomable proposition, but now it feels so right. We have been greatly blessed, and I feel so thankful... My heart is full. Thank you for sharing these moments with us.
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Roxanne said...

that was a beautiful post! you are going to be a great dad! The family photo is so adorable. Elizabeth is beyong cute! enjoy and try to get some rest!

Tab & Nate said...

I am so happy for both of you, and I am glad to hear that things went well. You guys have a beautiful little girl!

megan said...

We are so happy for you she is part of the girlie club. What a beautiful daughter and Wife. Congratulations on Elizabeth coming to your family. I loved reading your thoughts on the event.

Parkinson Family said...

Sarah...Rob...she is TOO cute!!!
Congratulations!!!
glad everything went wonderfully!

Dayna said...

Congratulations!!! She is BEAUTIFUL (no surprise there)! So good to hear that everything went over so well. Those words were so sweet.

Jody said...

sarah and rob we are so happy for you! I want to come visit you this week!!

L said...

Congrats you guys! She is gorgeous!!! I'm so happy everything went so well. You are going to be such amazing parents to that lucky little girl!!