So everyone's always saying "you have to teach me to cook like you!" So...I'm going to start posting some of my favorite recipes and some I'm trying out. Give 'em a go and give me your feedback. I hope you enjoy!
So this is a family fav. Coffee Cake. And all you mormons out there, no worries, the named is derived from it's most preferred eating companion not what's actually in it! :) So here it is:
1/2 c Sugar
1/4 c sifted AP flour
1/4 c softened butter
1 tsp cinnamon
1 1/2 c sifted flour
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 c sugar
1/3 c melted butter
1/2 c milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and prepare a well greased 13 x 9 in pan.
2. For the topping, in a small bowl combine dry then add butter and mix with fork just until incorporated.
3. For the cake, sift dry together (flour, salt and baking powder.) Beat egg until frothy, and add in sugar and butter, then add milk and vanilla. Beat in flour slowly until well combine.
4. Spread the topping evenly over the surface of the cake, may need to be gently plopped over cake.
5. Bake for 25-30 min, or until a knife comes out clean. Serves 9
Voila! Easy as pie...err cake. Good luck!