Good ol' fashioned Cheesecake
1/4 cup finely chopped pecans
1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
1/4 cup finely chopped almonds
3/4 cup finely chopped vanilla wafers
2 tablespoons melted butter
1 1/2 lbs cream cheese
1 1/3 cups sugar
5 large eggs
16 ounces sour cream
1/4 cup flour
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1. Mix all nuts and vanilla wafer crumbs with melted butter and press into a 9 inch buttered springform pan, trying to line the sides as much as possible about 1 1/2" up the sides of the pan, set aside.
Cheesecake Directions: (follow precisely or you'll get lumps my dears!)
1. All the filling ingredients should be at room temperature.
2. Beat the cream cheese until light and fluffy with an electric mixer set on low (keep the setting at low during the entire mixing process).
3. Add the sugar a little at a time and continue beating until creamy.
4. Add one egg at a time and beat after each egg.
5. Add flour, vanilla and lemon juice, mix well.
6. Add the sour cream and beat well.
7. Pour cream cheese mixture into the springform pan.
8. Place on the top rack in the middle of a 325 degrees preheated oven for 1 hr and 15 mins.
9. When time is up, prop open oven door and leave in oven for 1 hr.
10. Remove from oven and let cool then refrigerate for 24 hours.
Remember this important tip : A cheesecake should season. The wait is worth it. The flavor ripens and becomes enriched.
BTW Dareth if you wanted cheesecake more on the funky side I have that too.
Good luck to all, bring me samples of your results!